Case Manager - Mid North Coast
Wesley Dalmar Out of Home Care - Taree
- Wesley Dalmar Children’s Services
- full-time position
- working between offices in Taree and Port Macquarie
- generous salary packaging including fully maintained vehicle
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."
About the role
Wesley Mission has a long-established history in providing out of home care across NSW.
This position offers challenging and rewarding opportunities to work with children, their families and foster carers.
- degree in Social Sciences or related discipline. Diploma level qualifications can be considered where applicant has more than three years industry experience and an enrolment in degree level course is maintained
- demonstrated knowledge of Legislative requirements – Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998;
- Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012; Ombudsman Act 1974 (Amendment); the Adoption Act 2000 and other relevant legislation including the NSW Charter of Rights
- demonstrated knowledge of the impact of trauma, attachment dysfunction and grief and loss on children and young people and knowledge of therapeutic care frameworks
- outstanding interpersonal relationship building skills, flexible, patient and ability to relate well to all with experience in managing internal and external stakeholders to achieve set objectives
- proven organisational skills, ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines and budgets with record management and report writing experience.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
The agency provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development.
Friday 23 October 2020, by 5 pm.
Please submit a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria and copy of your CV/resume. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 02 6552 0277
Mail: P.O. Box 935, Taree, NSW 2430
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal history record check). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.