Crisis Support Supervisor - Sydney CBD
Lifeline Sydney & Sutherland
- full-time position, Sydney CBD Location
- based in the Sydney CBD
- generous salary packing provisions
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Do you care for people who are vulnerable and hurting?
Do you have the skills to support the Volunteers who are caring for people who answer the call that come into Lifeline’s Crisis Line?
Can you make a real difference in saving lives?
Wesley Mission has long been a leader in the suicide prevention field, establishing the first Lifeline centre in 1963. This role is about providing support to the Lifeline Crisis Supporters and helping them answer calls on the National Crisis Phoneline. Its functions include providing professional clinical services including supervision, education, guidance and administrative support for the volunteers and day to day running of the office.
- available to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends to be available to support the Lifeline Volunteers when they are on shift
- hold ongoing full accreditation under a National Health, Social Work or Counselling registration board. For example:
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Australian Counselling Association (ACA) Level 2 or higher
- Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (Clinical Member
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (with upgrade)
- ASIST 11
- demonstrated counselling experience
- experience in providing supervision to counsellors and /or intern psychologists.
- experience in working in a busy administration office where there are interruptions to your work
- high level of computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office.
- ASIST Trainer
- Mental Health First Aid Trainer
Commensurate on experience and skills. Generous salary packaging benefits are available.
Thursday 9 May 2019, by 5pm
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: (02) 9522 7807
Email: [email protected]
Applications not addressing all criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Wesley Mission is a Christian Organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.