Crisis Support Supervisor - Sydney CBD
Lifeline Sydney & Sutherland
- full-time position
- based in the Sydney CBD
- generous salary packing provisions
- flexible work hours
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Do you care for people who are vulnerable and hurting?
Do you have the skills to support the volunteers who are caring for people who answer the call that come into Lifeline’s Crisis Line?
Can you make a real difference in saving lives?
Wesley Mission has long been a leader in the suicide prevention field, establishing the first Lifeline centre in 1963. This role is about providing support to the Lifeline Crisis Supporters and helping them answer calls on the National Crisis Phoneline. Its functions include providing professional clinical services including supervision, education, guidance as well as administrative support to Volunteers and In-Shift Supervisors.
- hold ongoing full accreditation under a National health, psychology, social work or counselling registration board. For example:
- Australian Psychological Society Member or Associate membership
- Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Australian Counselling Association ACA Level 2 or higher
- Australian Association of Social Work (AASW)
- Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (Clinical Member)
- experience providing counselling, crisis support and other therapeutic interventions
- experience facilitating therapeutic group programs, training and/or professional development
- willingness and capacity to be on a rotating on-call roster during service operating hours
- demonstrate a commitment to the vision, mission and Christian principles of the Wesley Mission which support a values-driven service culture.
- Training and Assessment qualifications (ie TAE)
- experience delivering ASIST or other suicide prevention training programs
- demonstrated experience in working in a busy administration office with non-routine workflows.
- high level office computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office
Wesley Mission offers a competitive remuneration including salary packaging benefits.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
James Bell - Group Manager Wesley LifeForce Services
Phone: 1800 100 024
Applications not addressing all criteria will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Wesley Mission is a Christian Organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.