Wesley Accommodation Services
- part-time position (20 + hours/week)
- based in Lewisham
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."
About the program
Wesley Missions Kick Start Program is an innovative new program providing transitional accommodation to young people leaving foster care. The program provides holistic support to young people who are supported by the lead tenant, case managers, living skills and employment consultants.
About the role
We are currently seeking a lead tenant to act as a mentor for young people over 18 residing in a recently renovated house in Ermington.
You will be responsible to mentor and act as a role model to up to 5 young people living in a shared house environment.
- inspired to partner with young people to create positive opportunities for their future
- ability to engage with a young person's social and recreational skills
- ability to exhibit positive role modelling
- demonstrated ability to establish positive and meaningful relationships
- able to work independently and as part of a team
- ability to relate with empathy to the needs of disadvantaged people and those operating in crisis
- ability to think creatively about supporting young people's needs
- current Drivers Licence
- experience with the Out of Home Care system
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (Level 3, Pay point 1) with generous salary packaging available.
Monday 29 January 2018
Please find a copy of the Position Description attached.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Contact name: Rita Karraz
Phone: (02) 9569 1788
Email: [email protected]
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and young people who have left the Out Of Home Care system are encouraged to apply.