National Quality Framework
Wesley Out of School Hours care aims to provide a high-quality service that values the uniqueness of all children within our care. We value children as capable individuals who bring their own beliefs, identity, interests, skills, talents and ideas to the service. We work to ensure that all educators support their wellbeing, learning and development.
In doing this Wesley Out of School Hours care is guided by the National Quality Framework. The National Framework includes:
- National Law
- National Regulations
- National Quality Standard
- National Learning Frameworks - My Time, Our Place
The National Quality Standard sets a benchmark for quality of education and care services. Services are assessed and rated in the following seven quality areas:
- QA1. Educational program and practice
- QA2. Children’s health and safety
- QA3. The physical environment
- QA4. Staffing arrangements
- QA5. Relationships with children
- QA6. Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- QA7. Governance and leadership.
The ‘My Time, Our Place’ approved learning framework for school age children has five key outcomes, these are:
- children have a strong sense of identity
- children are connected and contribute to their world
- children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- children are confident and involved learners
- children are effective communicators.