Foster care and adoptions
with Wesley Dalmar
A strong family is the cornerstone to healthy communities. When children are unable to stay with their birth families, our foster carers provide security, stability and a safe place to call home.
Wesley Dalmar operates across NSW to help find children caring guardians.
Apply to be a foster carer
What to expect when fostering a child with Wesley Dalmar
Foster carers are extraordinary. Being a carer comes with a range of responsibilities and each day can bring new challenges and great rewards.
The decision for a child to enter into an out-of-home care arrangement is made by the Department of Communities and Justice in New South Wales. Where possible, children are to stay with their own families with support. Removal is the last option.
When it is necessary, Wesley Dalmar ensure the child is placed with the best possible guardian to support their needs and growth.
Our foster carers:
- draw on their own experiences of raising children
- provide good quality day-to-day care for children and respect the Code of Conduct for Authorised Carers
- provide a safe environment for the child in their care that is free from abuse
- work as part of a team with Case Managers to support children in their care
- promote the positive development of children and young people in foster care
- help children to build positive ongoing relationships with their birth family and develop a strong sense of identity and culture
- engage in ongoing training and personal development.
Foster care stories
Determination and resilience combined with loving foster carers to break the cycle of suffering in Jessica's life.
Michelle and Steven’s Story
The heart-warming words of some of Wesley Dalmar’s dedicated foster carers.
Public apology foster care
We express deep sadness and regret for any of the children in our care who did not receive the consistent, loving care that they needed and deserved.