Find help right now

Other services

Here are some professional support services that may be able to help you when you need it.

Tenants’ Unions of NSW

A non-government organisation set up to help tenants and other renters in New South Wales.

Housing Appeals Committee:1800 629 794 or (02) 8741 2555

An independent agency that helps people who are unhappy with decisions made by social housing providers.

Health Direct Australia:1800 022 222        

A free, safe, practical health information and advice service, supported by the Australian government.   

My Health Record:1800 723 471

A secure online summary of your health information and history that is controlled by you.

Relationships Australia: (02) 9418 8800 or 1300 364 277

A leading provider of relationship support services for individuals, families and communities.

Carers Australia: 1800 242 636

Short-term counselling, and emotional and psychological support services for carers and their families. 

Parent Line NSW: 1300 1300 52

Toll free, 24 hour telephone information, counselling and referral service for all NSW parents of children aged 0 – 18 years. Operates 7 days (including public holidays).

Alcoholics Anonymous: (02) 9799 1199

Family Drug Support: (02) 9818 6166 or 1300 368 186

Narcotics Anonymous: (02) 9212 3444

1800 Respect: 1800 737 732 National sexual assault, domestic family violence counselling service.

Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800

Lifeline: 13 11 14

Lifeline’s telephone crisis support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for the cost of a local call (mobile phone calls are free of charge). If you or someone you know are in danger, please call emergency services by dialling 000.

Related services