Our commitment to doing all the good we can motivates us to care for people most in need in our community. We provide a listening ear, advice where appropriate and tools to equip you for the road ahead.
Wesley Mission is committed to standing by individuals and families, who are experiencing financial hardship and problem gambling, for the long-haul. Our work doesn’t stop there. We also offer intervention-based programs that help individuals and communities to better manage their finances.
Wesley Financial Counselling Services provides free, independent and confidential face-to-face counselling. This service provides:
- support in times of crisis
- both short-term crisis management and long-term prevention strategies
- counselling, education, analysis, personalised options, negotiation, advocacy, mediation and referrals where needed
- assistance with options and help to negotiate with credit providers.
We receive funding and support through the New South Wales Fair Trading, Responsible Gambling Fund and Australian Government funding from Department of Social Services.
Wesley Gambling Counselling was first established in 1997 and became the world’s first comprehensive gambling counselling service. This program will help you to:
- overcome problem gambling using specialised person-centred counselling techniques
- overcome debt problems through personal empowerment and, if necessary, having direct negotiation, mediation or advocacy on your behalf
- know how to best access community resources that help you to gain social, family, personal and financial stability
- be aware of the gambling industry and how it relates to you.