Care for carers
We recognise that caring for someone with a mental illness, disability, or for an older person can be tremendously challenging, both physically and emotionally.
Our respite services are designed to give carers a break, enabling them to sustain their ongoing responsibilities and look after their own emotional wellbeing.
Wesley In-home Respite provides short-term help with:
- personal care, bathing and dressing
- light housework
- preparation of meals
- emotional and social support.
Carers can choose to take a break for a few hours, a week or overnight. We also have many Centre Based Respite services which provide facilities for respite including:
- day centres, such as Wesley Seniors Living Centre
- day activity centres and residential facilities provided by Wesley Disability Respite
- residential facilities such as Wesley Seniors independent living and ageing-in-place facilities.
Arrangements or bookings for centre based respite should be made directly through the respite provider, for example, Wesley Seniors Living Centre.
The inner-west Commonwealth Respite & Carelink Centre (CRCC) can also help carers navigate the broad range of services that provide in-home and external respite and support with travel.